Biomunex has created and developed a next-generation and robust bispecific antibody technology platform, BiXAb®, thanks to a proprietary computational modelling approach. The BIOMUNEX’s BiXAb® technology platform allows the creation of bispecific antibodies from any pair of monospecific monoclonal antibodies as building blocks, with no extensive engineering; this reduces the BiXAb® generation times to less than 2 months, which is significantly faster than most other bispecific antibody technologies. This “Plug & Play” BiXAb® technology is fully protected worldwide by the patent portfolio owned by BIOMUNEX. The unsurpassed speed of the BiXAb® Plug & Play technology allows partners to create new compositions of matter and protect them in a time efficient manner.
- The BiXAb® tetra Fab platform allows bi-valent binding to both antigen targets and thus emulates binding of native monospecific antibodies; the BiXAb® can also generate bispecific antibodies that are mono-valent for each target, for specific T Cell engagers or other suitable mechanism of action. Since the BiXAb® exploit natural pairing of light and heavy chains, point mutations in the constant region were introduced to prevent mispairing. The proprietary linkers,covered by several patent families, whichconnect Fab domains on each arm of the BiXAb®, are comprised of human sequences and are responsible for many advantageous functional and biophysical properties of these bispecific antibodies.
- The BiXAb® platform offers several key features of an ideal bispecific antibody technology:
- Rapid design and full modularity employing parental mAbs, which enables creation of composition of matter protection for unique bi-and multi-specific antibody configurations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Excellent drug-like properties (binding affinity, lack of aggregation, low risk of immunogenicity, high stability, etc.).
- Straightforward manufacturability and high production yield of correctly paired Fab domains using CHO expression, and therefore straightforward and cost-effective industrialization (expected low cost of goods).
- Ability to produce tri- and tetraspecific formats, as well as other modifications